Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Coldsmokeski
Frequent Visitor

Dataset with Personal and On-Prem Gateways - Any impact if Personal Gateway deleted?

Hello

I have a dataset which will not perform a scheduled refresh due to having a connection to a Personal Gateway which is tied to a computer that is out of service.  I am not aware of any necesarry connections to information on the computer.  The dataset is also connected to an AzureGW On Prem gateway which is the only connection required.

The warning message appearing after initiating the deletion is a bit scary:  "All data sources using this gateway will no longer be able to refresh".  Does the deletion apply to the specific dataset or does it have a wider impact?  Could it affect other Datasets?

Capture.PNG

Thanks in advance for any assistance provided.

1 REPLY 1
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Coldsmokeski 

if the personal gateway has been off for sometime, it would be safe to assume that no other datasets are using this gateway to refresh and could be deleted.

You could go into the Power BI Gateway manager and then see all the data sources connected to your personal gateway?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors