Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

CCE_Dave
Frequent Visitor

Dataset refresh works but data don't show up in reports

Hello,

I need support in publishing my reports to the Power BI service. My data model are different excel sheets saved on OneDrive. I created the model in Power BI desktop and published my final report do the BI service. So far so good, that was working. I implemented also an scheduled refresh of the dataset every morning. Thats also fine.

My problem is that the refresh is working but the data doesn't show up in my reports?! The update only works if I manually republish the dataset from the desktop version to the BI service.

What do I need to do to get my updated data and also new created visuals in the report in BI service? Do I have to repulish it every time when I add a new visual in the desktop version?

Thats the data source:

CCE_Dave_0-1672241539576.png

I hope someone can help me!

Best regards

Dave

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AnkitKukreja
Super User
Super User

Hi @CCE_Dave 

If you are adding the new visual in the Desktop version then you definitely need to republish the same report to see the changes in service that were made on the Desktop. Whenever a change is made to the local model we need to republish that in service. But if only the data is being added to your excel files in One Drive then the schedule refresh should show correct data in service.

If my response has successfully addressed your question or concern, I kindly request that you mark this post as resolved. Additionally, if you found my assistance helpful, a thumbs-up would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ankit Kukreja
www.linkedin.com/in/ankit-kukreja1904

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
AnkitKukreja
Super User
Super User

Hi @CCE_Dave 

If you are adding the new visual in the Desktop version then you definitely need to republish the same report to see the changes in service that were made on the Desktop. Whenever a change is made to the local model we need to republish that in service. But if only the data is being added to your excel files in One Drive then the schedule refresh should show correct data in service.

If my response has successfully addressed your question or concern, I kindly request that you mark this post as resolved. Additionally, if you found my assistance helpful, a thumbs-up would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ankit Kukreja
www.linkedin.com/in/ankit-kukreja1904

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors