Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dataset refresh error following running deployment pipeline with data source rules

I am invoking data source rules to point to a test version of a Sharepoint Online site. I consume lists and an Excel from the SP site. Deployment doesn't report any errors. However, when I refresh the dataset an error occurs:

damoando_0-1618846732174.png

The referenced Id matches the list which the PBIX points to - i.e. prior to application of the data source rules. If I check the lineage of the data sources in the PBI service, they point to the test versions (i.e. post application of rules). 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great - thanks for the steer. One minor change needed, the query failed to find the list using Name but worked using Title i.e. Source{[Title="NameOfYourList"]}[Items]

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

The second step in your Power Query is pointed at a List guid that doesn't exist in the site. If you open the Query in Advanced Power Editor, you'll see in the second line, a phrase that looks like this: Source{[Id="8dbcf008-7bc3-4ab0-ba87-60dda6b50015"]}[Items]. If you want to use the name of the list instead (helpful when testing), update the phrase to be Source{[Name="NameOfYourList"]}[Items]

Hope this helps!

Treb Gatte, Marquee Insights

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great - thanks for the steer. One minor change needed, the query failed to find the list using Name but worked using Title i.e. Source{[Title="NameOfYourList"]}[Items]

Oh yes, sorry was doing this from memory. 🙂 I'm glad it worked!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors