Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

chrisR

Dataset for custom streaming api requires a few fixes.

HI once again,

I have been testing Power BI extensivly and it seems to need a few fixes for custom data streaming API.

I have one dataset with many fields and each field I want to display in differnt tiles. Now, my application will send json data from various sources from a desktop and It will send infromation of one field only of 2 fields in the json string. So when I will pass the values the other value is empty, it cannot display the second when selected no matter what. So far the dataset can only send one value. If I add another field it will not collect the data.

The other issue is, I cannot send text from a dataset to a tile, even though there is a text setting when you preconfigure the dataset, it will only allow numerical values. I cannot send on or off, for example via custom streaming via the json streaming method. Power Bi seems to only allow numercal values in the drop down I cannnot control this selection at all.

Is there a tile I can test for Just text use as a test?

Any help appreciated,

Thanks

Chris R.

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @chrisR,

Current it seems like text value can only use on legend field. Perhaps you can vote below idea who has the similar requirement:

Text Tile for Real-Time Data

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors