Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

rjhale
Helper IV
Helper IV

Dataset Backup and Storage Account

Hello,

I have a question about setting up the storage account to backup datasets.  My understanding is that we need to enable the workspace-level storage permissions at the tenant level, but it's not clear to me if we need to purchase a separate storage account for ALDS gen2.  Do we need to purchase separate storage to turn this feature on or do we get storage with our Premium Per Capacity that can be used for this?  

It's hard for me to play around with this because I'm not a Power BI admin or a tenant admin, so I'm looking for more clarification before I ask our admins to help me get this working. 

Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SwayamSinha
Employee
Employee

Yes , you need to create a Storage account (ADLS Gen2) to tag a workspace to Storage.

With Premium capacity, no accessible storage is provided.

Consider going through the below links:

Configuring dataflow storage to use Azure Data Lake Gen 2 - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Backup and restore Power BI Premium datasets - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SwayamSinha
Employee
Employee

Yes , you need to create a Storage account (ADLS Gen2) to tag a workspace to Storage.

With Premium capacity, no accessible storage is provided.

Consider going through the below links:

Configuring dataflow storage to use Azure Data Lake Gen 2 - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Backup and restore Power BI Premium datasets - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Ok. We're an A5 customer with something like 4000 Azure accounts with licenses assigned. Would we storage available through that?

Sorry, just trying to figure what I'll need to ask for. It's challenging for us to purchase this type of thing as a distributed unit in a large University setting as we have to work through central IT, purchasing, an educational reseller, etc.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors