Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Stake
Frequent Visitor

Datamart to onprem gateway permission error

Hi,

Im trying out the new Datamart and going to connect to a SQL server database through a onprem powerbi gateway. When creating a flow it workes fine, but on with datamart I get the error permission error.

An exception occurred: You do not have permissions for the on-premises data gateway. Please request permissions from the owner of the gateway. (Session ID: eba0033d-61cc-458b-b4cc-dccc207f672f, Region: europe)

Is there any limitations or settting our admin need to enable to get it working?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Stake 

Yes it appears that you need to ask your Power BI Gateway Admin to make sure you have got the permissions to view and execute via the data source.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @MichaelT_QIC 

You can view them here:

New data source and gateway management experience | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Microsoft Power BI

Power BI Blog

MichaelT_QIC
Frequent Visitor

Hi @GilbertQ , can you elaborate where "permissions to view and execute via the data source" are granted on a data source in the gateway?  Thanks.

Hi @GilbertQ thanks for that.  When you say "view and execute" do you mean just assign the user the permissions on the gateway.  I was literally looking for something specific that says "View" and "Execute".  Thanks.

Hi @MichaelT_QIC 

Yeah sorry I mean just grant access to the data source on the gateway.

Power BI Blog

Stake
Frequent Visitor

Thank you! 

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Stake 

Yes it appears that you need to ask your Power BI Gateway Admin to make sure you have got the permissions to view and execute via the data source.

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors