Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dkalinai
Frequent Visitor

Datamart creation - forever on wrapping things up screen for incremental refresh

dkalinai_0-1655880472453.png

So I have created a Datamart, i put a very simple query in it which fetches data in a second or so. Exited the Datamart etc. Entered back into it and decided to setup a refresh schedule for incremental refresh. I am on this screen for 1 hour. There is literally about 100 000 rows of data no more. With any Datamart I try to create I cant get past this screen when setting incremental refreshes. No errors or anything are given to me. What do I do?

Just to add to that, that same data is working fine with incremental refreshes in a Dataflow.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dkalinai ,

We have reproduced your issue and have submitted to internal icm 311746938 , engineers are doing their best to fix this issue . please be patient and I will give you feedback here once there is any progress.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
quizhyo
Advocate I
Advocate I

I also have the same issue! 😞

mmoattar

I have exactly the same issue. After I enabled the incremental refresh, It started acting like this.

The big question is if the Data Mart is ready to be used. I have enabled the Data Refresh to be done every day with no effect whatsoever. The only way to refresh your data is to edit your data set and save and it refreshes the Data Mart. However, the Data Set which is automatically created at the back of Data Mart still is not refreshed and therefore you can't see that in the report. There is literally no way to refresh the data set or the report and eventually, the report gets refreshed after a couple of minutes and there is no proper explanation for the delay.

The whole thing seems very flaky so I appreciate it if the PowerBI team doesn't recommend the things that are still not quite functional.

This is not ready for Beta, and certainly not ready for prime-time. I'd like to form a strategy around this functionality, but it can not be trusted.

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dkalinai ,

We have reproduced your issue and have submitted to internal icm 311746938 , engineers are doing their best to fix this issue . please be patient and I will give you feedback here once there is any progress.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Hi, I'm facing the same issue today, Datamart is taking forever to Wrap Up. Someone please let me know if this is fixed or any trick is there to fix this.

Do we know if this issue has been resolved or when a fix will be in place ?

That issue is mitigated as I see frankly, and was not directly what I asked. For me what is not working is any setup of incremental refresh, I dont get any errors of missing tables. But at least now i know the area I can submit an ICM to myself.

otravers
Community Champion
Community Champion

I experienced the same thing several times. Datamarts are in early public preview and many people are seeing bugs, especially at the ingestion stage. What do you do? Wait, try again later, don't even consider using them for production work for the time being 🙂

------------------------------------------------
1. How to get your question answered quickly - good questions get good answers!
2. Learning how to fish > being spoon-fed without active thinking.
3. Please accept as a solution posts that resolve your questions.
------------------------------------------------
BI Blog: Datamarts | RLS/OLS | Dev Tools | Languages | Aggregations | XMLA/APIs | Field Parameters | Custom Visuals

Facing the same issue, Wrapping things up keeps going on forever....

anadar_0-1665726618758.png

It keeps running for 10mins then it auto cancels something internally, it shows status as "running", at 10mins it shows "completed". But nothing happens

anadar_1-1665726754275.png

anadar_2-1665726958502.png

We need a fix for this as soon as possible. 

The only way i could bring it back to life was to remove all incremental refresh, then rerun all of those power queries within the dataflows, rerun the dataflows, then refresh the datamart power queries before a full fledged refresh. The dataset for the datamart always reflects an incorrect date in the refresh history. I agree, I want to use Incremental... we need it!

Would be good if I could at least get past that stage. Not much to test otherwise unless it starts working to any extent. 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors