Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ce87
Helper I
Helper I

Datamart Incremental Refresh - Data load failed

Trying to set up incremental refresh on a table in the new datamart feature. Whenever I configure incremental refresh, I get the following error almost immediatly;

ce87_0-1653507444826.png

I've tried on a few tables, and using different parameters, no success. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ce87 ,

We have reproduced your issue and have submitted to internal icm 311746938 , engineers are doing their best to fix this issue . please be patient and I will give you feedback here once there is any progress.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
alex-syk
Advocate I
Advocate I

@v-caitlyn-mstf Any updates? I'm testing the incremental refresh feature with a Datamart, and the only data source is a simple Excel workbook with ten rows. The "Loading data" dialogue box is stuck for a while at the "Wrapping things up" step:

Capture.PNG

Then I get this error:

Capture.PNG

WRitchie
Regular Visitor

@v-xiaoyan-msft  any update on this issue, I am experenincing the saem issue when trying to apply incrmetnal refresh

breeze87
Frequent Visitor

breeze87_0-1659947467142.png

I'm having the same issue, plus the manual refresh is not available on my created Datamart.

breeze87_0-1659947634767.png

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ah15004 ,

This is a Preview feature and the engineers are refining it. We have not received any feedback from the PG team on this issue at this time.

Best Regards,

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Jessesmith4410 ,

To better investigate the issue, the PG team hopes to gather more information like Datamart Id, Root Activity ID (RAID), Region, Time of occurrence, Error seen. Datamart creation steps (source, Transform etc.) and any other relevant information.

Best Regards,

Jessesmith4410
Frequent Visitor

Yes - experiencing the same issue. Do I now need to submit a unique ticket?

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ce87 ,

We have reproduced your issue and have submitted to internal icm 311746938 , engineers are doing their best to fix this issue . please be patient and I will give you feedback here once there is any progress.

Best Regards,

Hi @v-xiaoyan-msft ,

Is there any update on this issue do you know?

Really keen to start using Datamart for my client but the failing incremental refresh is a major blocker.

Thanks

Andy 

@v-xiaoyan-msft ,

The August 2022 update for Datamarts was supposed to include an "enhancment to increcmental refresh". I'm still having this issue, and appears others are as well.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/fr-ca/blog/whats-new-in-datamarts-august-2022/

Any updates would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@ce87 

Since this feature is new and still being rolled out, you may experience issues. 
Opening a support ticket is an option to have it resolved.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/transform-model/datamarts/datamarts-get-started

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors