Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

andrjohns
Frequent Visitor

Datamart Creation Error

I've been trying to add a Datamart to a Premium workspace, but I haven't had any luck so far. When I select the Datamart option, the page shows 'Creating Datamart' with the PowerBI logo, but then it just returns to the workspace.

I've had a look at the HTTP request logs, and this error is getting displayed:

andrjohns_0-1653626429520.png

Would that be related a configuration option/setting for our tenant or user accounts? Or is it just a red herring?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
andrjohns
Frequent Visitor

Looks like the issue has resolved itself and is now all working without issue. Thanks all for the help anyway!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
andrjohns
Frequent Visitor

Looks like the issue has resolved itself and is now all working without issue. Thanks all for the help anyway!

marekr
Employee
Employee

In what region is your capacity? The error may indicate that it's in one of the unsupported regions listed in Administration of datamarts (preview) - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

It's Australia South East, which I believe is listed as supported:

andrjohns_0-1653723466862.png

Thanks, we had a little hiccup in rollout for that specific region (did not affect any other region). The fix was deployed over the weekend. I'm sorry for the delay in making datamarts available in Australia South East.

andrjohns
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for reply, but I can confirm that the capacity is Gen2

AnamPatel
Resolver II
Resolver II

Datamert creation is only supported in Power BI Premium Gen2 Workspace. Check once if your Premium Capacity is Gen1 or Gen2. You can refer below link for Gen2 Details -

What is Power BI Premium Gen2? - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

If I answered your question, mark my response as a Solution. Appreciate your KUDOS! (To Like, or Kudo a post, click the yellow thumbs up box in the bottom right corner.)

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors