Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dataflows built with powerBI dataflows connector not working (works with Power Platforms connector)

Hi there

All my dataflows that are using linked entities that were built with the PowerBI dataflows connector (pre Power Platforms dataflows connector) are now throwing a 'The key didn't match any rows in the table' error when I try to edit them in the service. This issue does not happen in powerBI desktop.

I have found that if I change the connector to the Power Platforms connector, they work again. For example, here is the existing code that worked for 2 years up until yesterday:

<<let
Source = PowerBI.Dataflows(),
Workspace = Source{[workspaceId="a96b3a91-4405-4864-b156-xxx"]}[Data],
Dataflow = Workspace{[dataflowId="e235a427-fe40-4acb-xxx"]}[Data],
Entity = Dataflow{[entity="Table1"]}[Data]
in
Entity>>

If I replace it with the following, it works again:

<<let
Source = PowerPlatform.Dataflows([]),
Navigation = Source{[Id = "Workspaces"]}[Data],
Workspace = Navigation{[workspaceId="a96b3a91-4405-4864-b156-xxx"]}[Data],
Dataflow = Workspace{[dataflowId="e235a427-fe40-4acb-bf5f-xxx"]}[Data],
Entity = Dataflow{[entity="Table1"]}[Data]
in
Entity>>

Why has this connector suddenly stopped working? Nothing has changed in our dataflows and they have been running for ages without issue. If the 'old' PowerBI connector is being phased out, then we need an easy way to change the source of our linked tables/dataflows...

2 REPLIES 2
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

An internal ICM has been created.

ICM ID: 320764522.

If there is any update, I will post it here.

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @v-jayw-msft Jay

To update you - weirdly this problem seemed to resolve itself... Not from any action we took! But all 3 members of our team faced the issue where every linked table (and related computed tables) in our dataflows were throwing the 'key doesn't match' error, and then 2 days later it cleared up.

We found that all of a sudden when we edited the dataflows in the Service, clicking on a table that previously threw the error would simply resolve itself when the data preview refreshed... this was not happening 1-2 days prior!

Still, any news/confirm if it's a known problem would be great

Cheers

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors