Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Mardin
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Dataflows | OData connection unable to reach Sharepoint 2010 list

I am trying use the new Dataflows feature to leverage an old Sharepoint 2010 list.

I have previously been successfull in importing this list to my Power BI report by leveraging the "_vti_bin/listdata.svc" parameter after the Sharepoint URL.

This method has even worked through the On Premise Gateway with Scheduled Refresh.

With Dataflows however I cannot seem to connect. When adding the Sharepoint 2010 URL (http://companysite/xxx/yy/_vti_bin/listdata.svc) I get the following error:

DataSource.Error: OData: Request failed: The remote name could not be resolved: 'companysite'

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello again. The Sharepoint connector didnt work since it wouldnt give me access to the full expanded tables.

But I tried the OData connection with the url parameter igen this morning and it worked - so the issue has presumably been fixed!

Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
sagivh
Employee
Employee

Hi Mardin, are you using the sharepoint connector? Try only entering the root to that sharepoint site, then it will let you choose files under that location.

Hello again. The Sharepoint connector didnt work since it wouldnt give me access to the full expanded tables.

But I tried the OData connection with the url parameter igen this morning and it worked - so the issue has presumably been fixed!

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors