Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

rogerdea
Helper IV
Helper IV

Dataflow wont refresh

I'm new to dataflows and created one today for the first time, all went well but i can't refresh the dataflow at all.  Been reading other posts but not found how to fix this yet.

The dataflow only has two tables in it, which are from two different servers, with the first table joined to the other.  They both use the same gateway which is on and working fine.  I have been able to set up a daily refresh too but nothing will work.  The error message just tells me its failed, but not why.

Help!

2 REPLIES 2
selimovd
Super User
Super User

Hey @rogerdea ,

is the data flow in a premium or premium per user capacity?

If not then the join would be a computed entity what needs premium capacity. You can disable the load of the table that is joined by the other table, that would skip becoming a computed entity.

Check the following article for workarounds:

Workaround for Computed Entity in Power BI Pro: Dataflow in Power BI - RADACAD

If you need any help please let me know.
If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution ✔️ and give it a thumbs up 👍

Best regards
Denis

Thanks Denis

A useful article and by disabling the load on my linked table2, this made table 2 not be a computed entity, so now i can refresh the dataflow.  Table1 still has the extra fields joined in from table 2, but with table 2 load disabled will table 1 still pull through the up to date dta from table 2?

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors