Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Denis_Slav
Helper III
Helper III

Dataflow of PDF import

Hi All, Is anyone know, what may be the problem. 

I'd like to create dataflow and import PDF, but when i try it, they show me only empty pages. But, when I use the same in Desktop, evrything is OK. I already tried several PDF, the result is the same.

Denis_Slav_0-1651051168367.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Denis_Slav ,

When working with the PDF connector on datasets in a Premium capacity, the PDF connector does not properly make the connection. To enable the PDF connector to work on a dataset in a Premium capacity, configure that dataset to use a gateway, and confirm the connection to that dataset goes through the gateway.

Please check if it is related to the above limitation.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
cchabert

Hello, 

@Denis_Slav was your problem solved ? I have the same here and the answer you provided @v-xiaoyan-msft  did not help much I am affraid, 

Best! 

Hi @cchabert,

Yes, I resolve that issue.

After I deploy the data gateway, the PDF converter starts working correctly on the Pro version. 

Thanks for your answer, may I ask where your pdf was stored ? 

Mine is on sharepoint (same tenant, same site, same library than xlsx files or list I already use in my dataflow) and it does not work. 

+ How do we create a Gateway between sharepoint and PBI? Thanks again, 

here is the error message I got :Error: PipelineException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt. . RootActivityId = d71c1488-c011-4b38-afe3-e7f3bf81e6ed.Param1 = PipelineException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt. Request ID: bdf34ac2-30f9-448b-e2e2-faf8cf5cb836.

Best

@cchabert 

I store PDFs on OneDrive and connect via SharePoint.Files() command. In the first connection, the service may ask for authorization and to select Gateway. Then you just select the folder or the exact file and transform it. 

And your Error Message looks like not the problem with PDF. Try to search relevant to your message topics with that problem.

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Denis_Slav ,

When working with the PDF connector on datasets in a Premium capacity, the PDF connector does not properly make the connection. To enable the PDF connector to work on a dataset in a Premium capacity, configure that dataset to use a gateway, and confirm the connection to that dataset goes through the gateway.

Please check if it is related to the above limitation.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors