Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

atgeraci
Frequent Visitor

Dataflow entitiy not showing all fields

Hello all!
So I am having an issue with my dataflow table not showing all the fields that are present when I generate the table. I added a "Day" column to the Date_Table table (please ignore the misnamed "Date Table" table), pictured below, and when I save and close and then refresh the field doesn't show up in the list.

image.png

Below you can see that I am looking at the entity and the "Day" column is nowhere to be found. Pulling that dataflow entitiy has the expected result of not including the missing field. What am I doing wrong?

image.png

Thanks for your help!

6 REPLIES 6
chaz2jerry
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

I think I have a similar issue and found the root cause.  In my scenario, I created a custom column in Decimal format.  Preview data in dataflow looks good, but the new column does not show up in the entity/table after refresh (as confirmed by connecting to this Dataflow table from PBI Desktop).  I had this issue a couple months back, and could not confirm why it was happening.  Then today I looked into the Advanced Editor (M Query) and found that the final "in" statement points to not the last query step as usual, but points to the step before I made the latest custom column.  Example of the M Query having the issue.  I assume this issue will be fixed when I adjust the M Query manually, not sure why it occurred in the first place.  

#"step 6" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Changed Type", {"SOLD_TO"type text}),
  #"step 7" = Table.AddColumn(#"Changed Type1", "Sales incl Tariff"each [Sales] + [TARRIF]),
  #"step 8" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"step 7", {{"Sales incl Tariff", Currency.Type}})
in
  #"step 6"
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi @atgeraci 

I have tested on my side, it works well.

If you could refresh this dataflow and try it again,

and if this dataflow is in a Premium capacity? Please refer to this:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

5.JPG

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-lili6-msft 
I appreciate you looking into this, I have refreshed the dataflow multiple times. The field is present in the online viewer, but after I save and close and hit refresh it doesn't become available. I do not have a premium setup so that isn't an option for me afaik. Thanks for trying. If you have any other thoughts on why this is happening I will entertain anything!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@atgeraci , Have you observed any warnings while creating a dataflow.  ?

Dataflow can remove the incorrect string column automatically.  try to recreate and check. 

@Anonymous 

No errors or anything while generating the data.

The reason there are two versions of the date table is because the 2nd instance is a recreation of the table in an attempt to make a new one where it is actually functioning. That has failed for me. Thank you for the suggestions though.

I still have no solution for this currently. 😕

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

July Newsletter

Fabric Community Update - July 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.