Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Believer
Advocate III
Advocate III

Dataflow endorsement/promotion not working

I reported this to Microsoft support and they're looking into it, but I am interested to know if anyone else is experiencing the same behaviors...

Data discovery is turned on in our tenant as evidenced here:

Believer_0-1661521841150.jpeg

For datasets I am able to turn on this feature as well:

Believer_1-1661521926194.png

However when I go to the same settings for dataflows, at first the section looks like this (notice that None isn't even selected)

Believer_3-1661522765381.png

If I select Promoted, then Apply everything seems fine except... clicking over to other dataflows and expanding this section shows them also set to Promoted (even though they were not).  And if I simply refresh the page instead, the section returns to they way it is shown above, where no settings are applied.  So selecting and applying the setting really didn't do anything.  This behavior is the same in Chrome and Edge.  Again, only for dataflows... datasets are fine.

P.S. Vote to enable discovery for dataflows! 🙂

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-yadongf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Believer ,

This issue has been confirmed as a known issue internally. Internal ICM ID: 327922054.

Please be patient to wait for fixing. If there is any news, I will update it here.

Best regards,

Yadong Fang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

I finished working with Microsoft Support on this.  Microsoft published a fix and I confirmed it in my environment.  Now I can select "Promoted" in a dataflow and it presents the additional option to "Make discoverable" in the same way datasets do.  (I haven not gone a step further to see if they are actually discoverable in the same way datasets are, for now I am taking it on faith that it does...)

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
YuryPetrachenko
Advocate I
Advocate I

The problem reappeared a few days ago.

YuryPetrachenko
Advocate I
Advocate I

We have the same problem - cannot add endorsement tags to new dataflows.

v-yadongf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Believer ,

This issue has been confirmed as a known issue internally. Internal ICM ID: 327922054.

Please be patient to wait for fixing. If there is any news, I will update it here.

Best regards,

Yadong Fang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

We are having problems with endorsing dataflows now as well.  Sometimes a promotions works, other times it does not.  

Is this likely to be related to the same issue?  Is there a way to find out if the fix to Internal ICM ID: 327922054 is in effect at my organization?

I finished working with Microsoft Support on this.  Microsoft published a fix and I confirmed it in my environment.  Now I can select "Promoted" in a dataflow and it presents the additional option to "Make discoverable" in the same way datasets do.  (I haven not gone a step further to see if they are actually discoverable in the same way datasets are, for now I am taking it on faith that it does...)

v-yadongf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Believer ,

In my tests, I also had the same problem as you. The endorsement  works fine in the dataset, as shown in the figure below. But in dataflow, when I apply / refresh the page, I had the same problem as you described.

vyadongfmsft_0-1661765562805.png

It is not clear what caused the above problems, please wait patiently for the reply from Microsoft Support.

If your problem has any progress, please update it in time to help more users who encounter similar problems as you.

Best regards,

Yadong Fang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors