Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

csrapp96
Helper I
Helper I

Dataflow - Append Queries is greyed out

Hi PBI Community,

Up until this point of using PBI, I've been able to troubleshoot based off past questions and online resources.

I have run into a new issue that I have been unable to find a solution to.

I have a series of dataflows and append queries in there. As of this week, I go into the dataflows and cannot "append" queries as the button is greyed out at all times.

I am not sure what happened but any help is greatly appreciated. The workaround I've been doing is duplicating past appends and changing the source data to what I need to. 

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @csrapp96 

Is it the specified dataflow or all dataflows do not support Append Queries ? If is the specified dataflow , you need to check if your datasource is Live connection mode, because append query is not supported in this mode .

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @csrapp96 

Is it the specified dataflow or all dataflows do not support Append Queries ? If is the specified dataflow , you need to check if your datasource is Live connection mode, because append query is not supported in this mode .

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors