Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AndriyK
Helper I
Helper I

Data updated Date for live connections is not correct

Hello,

we are using Power BI with the live connection to the on premises SSAS instanse and looks like the "Data updated" Date for live connections is not correct.

is it possible to set this date to show the date of the last update of the local ssas?

if not, can it be removed from the App screen?

it is a bit misleading for our users.

example below:

the ssas was reloaded on 05/29/2023

the Data updated shown as 05/25/2023

thank you,

Andriy 

AndriyK_0-1685368104613.png

2 REPLIES 2
v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @AndriyK 

The "Data updated" date in Power BI for live connections is based on the last time the data was refreshed in the Power BI service, not the last time the data was updated in the on-premises SSAS instance. Unfortunately, it is not possible to set this date to show the date of the last update of the local SSAS instance.

However, you can remove the "Data updated" date from the app screen by disabling the "Last refresh" option in the report settings. This will remove the "Data updated" date from the app screen and prevent confusion for your users.

Alternatively, you can consider using DirectQuery mode instead of Live Connection mode for your SSAS instance. In DirectQuery mode, the data is queried directly from the data source each time a user interacts with a visualization, so the "Data updated" date will always reflect the most recent data in the data source.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

hi @v-zhangti ,

thanks a lot for your reply and explanations!

i would like to remove the "Data updated" as you suggested, but i can't find the "Last refresh" option in the report settings.
i've checked the Power BI desktop file and the published report, but still can't find it.
could you please let me know where this option is.

thanks again,

Andriy 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors