Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Data source unreachable

Hello, 

I am having this issue when publishing my reprot: 

Fico_0-1654500614677.png

Fico_1-1654500629503.png

According to our Analytics team, there is no Gateway to be set here. 

My pbix file has: 

- Additioanl Measures

- Imported table (excel) 

Reprots w/o addtional measures and imported tables works w/o issues.

thank you for your support, 

3 REPLIES 3
harryli
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @Anonymous 

Go to Power Query Editor, and check each of your tables, there is a reminder on top of your table, you may see power Bi will suggest you replace the data insert method of Direct Query by Import. Then please change it to be Import. 

wikkleyn
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi @v-henryk-mstf Are you using Import or Direct Query? You usually get that error message if you use Direct Query and the dataset isn't mapped to a Gateway connection. And what is the path used for the file? 

v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

For this type of problem, first try to republish this report without referring to the created measure in visual. Refer to a similar solution.

vhenrykmstf_0-1654741540711.png

Also check if there is an exception between the local time and the utc time on the service.

vhenrykmstf_1-1654741565287.png

If the error persists, can you provide the visual screenshots related to your normal situation in powerbi desktop and the information about the measure formula created, etc.? Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors