Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ILGIT
Regular Visitor

Data refresh in power bi- Data source error

"The below error has been occurring for all of our datasets since last Friday night (March 24th) and we have not been able to fix it by changing our credentials."  can an

Data source error: {"error":{"code":"DMTS_OAuthFailedToGetResourceIdError","pbi.error":{"code":"DMTS_OAuthFailedToGetResourceIdError","parameters":{},"details":[],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: xxxxxx

Cluster URI: WABI-EUROPE-NORTH-B-redirect.analysis.windows.net

Activity ID: 4560474

Request ID: ce99

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Yumare41
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

We fixed this by entering the source credentials again,

Changing the PRIVACY LEVEL FOR THIS DATA SOURCE to private,

And deselecting Report viewers can only access this data source with their own Power BI identities using DirectQuery.

Yumare41_1-1679945945047.png

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
taglud
Frequent Visitor

Similar issue here, it also happen in some reports

although the report have the same source, always the same one that generated this error.

Yumare41
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

We fixed this by entering the source credentials again,

Changing the PRIVACY LEVEL FOR THIS DATA SOURCE to private,

And deselecting Report viewers can only access this data source with their own Power BI identities using DirectQuery.

Yumare41_1-1679945945047.png

Even though this is marked as "Solved", the solution (changing the Privacy Level to "Private") is making no difference for me. I am posting the error message again. I've re-entered the credentials in the Settings area and all the connections work, but I have still not been able to refresh the report in two days.

Last refresh failed: 9/14/2023, 11:04:59 AM
There was an error when processing the data in the dataset.

Data source error:{"error":{"code":"DMTS_OAuthFailedToGetResourceIdError","pbi.error":{"code":"DMTS_OAuthFailedToGetResourceIdError","parameters":{},"details":[],"exceptionCulprit":1}}}
Cluster URI:WABI-US-NORTH-CENTRAL-C-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:84940735-7882-41ac-8eeb-4918eda605d4
Request ID:571aa009-a5f2-f81c-57ba-dd1a734aad63
Time:2023-09-14 15:04:59Z

I have already changed the 3 privacy options organizational public and private several times. I already deleted and uploaded the BI again, and this only happens in some Dashboards not all, please help me.

ReubenS
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi ,

Similar issue on my end its only affecting a few reports.

Kind regards,

Reuben

naigen
Frequent Visitor

I am also facing the same issue. I havent made any changes to the tables at all.

I have reopened the powerbi desktop and have refreshed and re-published the reports.

however when I try on the sevice this does not work.

aristotle
Regular Visitor

I am facing a similar issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors