Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lo_p_ez
Helper I
Helper I

Data gateway update

Hi,

I was wondering, what's the best way to udpate the data gateway? I have one up and running, but how do I know whether it's out-of-date already and how should I go about updating it? Should I download the installer again? Does that going to make me lose all the configurations (i.e. schedule refresh jobs)?

Thanks,
Victor.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@lo_p_ez Generally updates to gateways gets released and notified here on this page. Last one was during mid-august. Once you download the installer and go through setup options you will have options to configure it as a new gateway or migrate the old one. You should choose to migrate the old one with the keys that you've used during setup of the old gateway.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@lo_p_ez Generally updates to gateways gets released and notified here on this page. Last one was during mid-august. Once you download the installer and go through setup options you will have options to configure it as a new gateway or migrate the old one. You should choose to migrate the old one with the keys that you've used during setup of the old gateway.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors