Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

katrine_d2o
Helper I
Helper I

Data colours keep changing in some reports after update

Hi,

I changed the data colours in a graph, but after the system update yesterday, some of the colours in the graph revert to default. The legend still shows the colours that I want, but not the bars. I tried to change the colours again, then some colors change and others do not. The colours changed in both the working file and the published file.

This must be a bug that can be fixed without a number of workarounds?

6 REPLIES 6
v-xulin-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @katrine_d2o,

Based on my test, it works well in my environment.

Please contact MS to summit a support ticket.

vxulinmstf_0-1627626953612.gif

Best Regards,

Link

Is that the answer you're looking for? If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution. Really appreciate!

I found that the best solution was just to create a new theme to use rather than just changing data colours

Hi Link,

Not sure what you are saying or what you mean by this. I try to create a support ticket, but only get to a page that sends me to tips and tricks - when saying it does not help I am asked to "help improve the Power Platform Solutions"

Hi @katrine_d2o,

You can ask MS for support your issue.

Please check the link:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro/

Best Regards,

Link

Is that the answer you're looking for? If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution. Really appreciate!

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

This is a very long standing bug.  Try "touching"  the report in the service (edit, change something, change it back). That may help the colors from the theme to persist.

Hi Ibendlin,

Thank you for replying. I removed the graph and made it again, reset to default colours and changed back. Tried some other colours, but nothing seems to make a difference. 3 of the colours in the graph work fine, the other 3 does not want to change from default. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors