Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

blanchieob

Data Source Credentials is greyed out & Sharepoint folder and an excel file as data source

Hi All,

Hoping you'd enlighten me as to what I'm missing. I have a single PBI report I'd like to schedule a refresh but it won't allow me to. I used power automate but the refresh failed too. For this PBI file, I have 2 data sources as I have multiple tables for it. One is a Sharepoint folder data source and the other one is an Excel file on my personal computer. I already edit the credentials in PBI but nothing changed.

blanchieob_0-1683507857697.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @blanchieob ,

According to your error, it seems that you cannot provide all the credentials for datsource. Please check and provide the correct credentials

1. In power Bi services, enter the report's workspace, find the gear button in the top right corner, select the settings in it, and find the dataset. A list will appear in the list, which contains the datasets of the reports that you have encountered problems
2. By clicking the data set, find the part of data source credentials on the right, check whether the data source fails, and a circle will be displayed

This is the link of related content,hope it can help you:

PowerBI not updating in PBI Online - Microsoft Power BI Community

Manage your data source - import and scheduled refresh - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

If it does not help, please provide more details .

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Rongtie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @blanchieob ,

According to your error, it seems that you cannot provide all the credentials for datsource. Please check and provide the correct credentials

1. In power Bi services, enter the report's workspace, find the gear button in the top right corner, select the settings in it, and find the dataset. A list will appear in the list, which contains the datasets of the reports that you have encountered problems
2. By clicking the data set, find the part of data source credentials on the right, check whether the data source fails, and a circle will be displayed

This is the link of related content,hope it can help you:

PowerBI not updating in PBI Online - Microsoft Power BI Community

Manage your data source - import and scheduled refresh - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

If it does not help, please provide more details .

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Rongtie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors