Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

skasper
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Dashboards and Reports empty in Edge

Edge is not displaying any reports or dashboards anymore.

I can

• publish from the Desktop Client
  • login to the web
  • navigate between my dashboards and reports

But the content is not displayed. Instead there is only an empty (grey) page (see screenshot below).

Apart from that I also cannot open the Dataset Settings (e.g. for scheduling a refresh).

However, all this used to work in Edge until yesterday (Monday) and still works nicely in IE and FF.

I did a sign out, cleared cache & cookies and signed in again. But to no avail.

PowerBI empty Report/DashboardPowerBI empty Report/Dashboard

Best - Sascha
Please always mark accepted solutions. It helps others with similar questions or problems. Thank you.
11 REPLIES 11
donaldvc

I am experiencing the same issue with Edge 38.14393.0.0. Reports and Dashboards from My Workspace show up just fine in Chrome or IE but in Edge there is just a blank canvas.

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@donaldvc, could you please follow my last reply to collect the required info which is helpful for us to trouble shoot this issue?

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @skasper,

According to your description, the dashboards and reports can display in IE browser, but not in Edge currently, right?

Based on my test in my environment, all reports and dashboards works fine both in My Workspace and group workspace now. From the image, I noticed that you viewed the reports and dashboards in a Power BI group workspace. I would like to suggest you check something:

1. Check if only this dashboard doesn't display in Edge, how about other dashboards in the same group workspace?

2. Are you the creator of this group workspace? Verify any other currently doesn't modify the dashboard or user permission of this group workspace.

3. Please publish the same report to My Workspace instead of the group workspace, then check if reports display fine in Edge.

4. Let the group member to run the dashboard and report in his/her own Edge to see if he/she comes the same issue as yours.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft. Thank you for your reply. Regarding your points:

1. None of the dashboards and reports shows. Regardless of the Workspace. Not even the ones using the provided test data.
  2. Yes, I am. It is not a permission problem.
  3. Did that. Same Problem.
  4. Other users have the same problem.

Best,

Sascha

Best - Sascha
Please always mark accepted solutions. It helps others with similar questions or problems. Thank you.
Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@skasper, the PBI Dashboards and reports display correctly in my Edge, so just would like to have a double check with you whether you still have the same issue now. Did you add some customization settings in Edge? What is the version number of your Edge? 

Hi @Vicky_Song. Thank you for following up.

Meanwhile I experienced the same problem on a different physical machine with:

• Microsoft Edge 38.14393.0.0
  • Microsoft EdgeHTML 14.14393

I did not customize Edge beyond choosing the Dark Theme and installing these extensions (note that I whitelisted 'powerbi.com' in AdBlock Plus):

Clipboard01.jpg

Best - Sascha
Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@skasper,

1. Close all browser windows/tabs.
  2. Launch Internet Explorer
  3. Press F12 to launch IE dev tools.
  4. Click on the network tab.

IETraceData.jpg

1. Go to app.powerbi.com and reproduce the issue.
  2. You will see network trace data collected.
  3. Once the issue has been reproduced and no more new data is showing in the network section click on the red stop button in the dev tools menu.
  4. Then click The diskette icon to save the trace with the default .har extension
  5. Send the .har file for review.

Repeat the same above with Edge. 

Hi @Vicky_Song. Sorry for the delay. Was travelling and then did not have time for this. However, meanwhile all reports and dashboards are working as they should. I have not changed anything and have really no idea, what the problem was. If it should occur again, I will execute the steps describe by you.

Thank you again for your help.

Best - Sascha

I am seeing the same issue on the latest insider preview (fast ring) edge.  Windows 10 app works fine on the same computer.  Any ideas?

skasper
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @redstar92,

No solution as far as I know. Your best bet is following Vicky's recommendation a few posts further up this thread.

Best - Sascha

Turned off adblock extension and now it works.  It was causing issues in JIRA as well.  🙂 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors