Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Damian_CT_Nom
Helper I
Helper I

Dashboard won't show design updates for some users

This is a strange behaviour that I can't figure out.

When I make some changes on my dashboard in Power BI Desktop such as:

- Changing una slicer from unique selection to multiple selection.

- Change thousand separator from english to user configured.

Some users (myself included) can see the changes without a problem, but some users are stuck in a previous version.

I've tried the following steps:

- Clearing cache on their browser.

- Use another browser.

- Clearing  the cache inside the Power BI desktop pbix.

The only way they can see the changes is when I put the Dashboard inside an application and they watch it from there. This is just to observe if it works, but since applications can't be inserted to sharepoint this is not a definitive solution.

Does somebody came across this problem before?

4 REPLIES 4
v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Damian_CT_Nom ,

To my knowledge, if you change the visualization type in the report after you pinned it to your dashboard, the dashboard tile does not automatically update

When you pin an entire page, the tiles are live. That is, you can interact with them there on the dashboard. Changes you make to any of the visualizations in the report editor, like adding a filter or changing the fields used in the chart, are reflected in the dashboard tile as well.

After the dataset is refreshed, the dashboard tiles will be basiclly refreshed within 15 minutes. You can also force tile refresh by selecting Refresh dashboard tiles.

Refer to:

Change the type of visualization in a report - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Data refresh in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Create a Power BI dashboard from a report - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post  helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Hi @v-tangjie-msft 

I don't really get this.

What I do is:

- Create a dashboard in Power BI Desktop.

- Upload said dashboard to Power BI Service.

- Make some changes in the report again, in Power BI Desktop.

- Upload the changes again to the Service.

What happens is that some users won't see said changes after doing everything we tried on the OP. The only way they can see the changes in visualization is by adding the Service report to an application.

Hi @Damian_CT_Nom ,

Please check:
1. Whether to publish to the previous workspace in a replacement way after you make changes to the PBIX file.
2. How did you share your reports? Are users granted workspace roles?

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post  helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Thanks again for your response @v-tangjie-msft 

I don't know what you mean at  point 1. I publish a report on our workspace, if there are any design changes I do it on the desktop and publish again with the same name so it prompts to replace.

As for the second point, one of the users is workspace administartor and the other one has visitor role.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors