Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jorgedaniel

Dashboard URL filtering

Hi,

Until today I had a working embedded dashboard tile in a power app. It has been working for at least a year and now suddenly it stopped filtering the data as in the TileURL property:

&filter=Table/Field eq '"& varSelectedCustomer & "'"

I know this sound like a Power Apps question but I think this may be a Power BI Service issue. Does anyone know of any changes that could cause this?

Best regards,

Jorge Daniel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jorgedaniel

Hi,

I have reached out to Microsoft and the issue is solved. Should anyone stumble on this, check the properties of the tile in Power Apps and set AllowNewApi to true.

Regards.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jorgedaniel

Hi,

I have reached out to Microsoft and the issue is solved. Should anyone stumble on this, check the properties of the tile in Power Apps and set AllowNewApi to true.

Regards.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @jorgedaniel 

What happens if you have to try the URL and put in a field value for your URL above to see if that works?

If that does not work, then there could be an issue with the report where the field name has changed etc?

If it does work then it might be something on the PowerApps side?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hi @GilbertQ ,

I can filter the report in the service using the ?filter notation. As I mentioned this is has been working for a year or so but I believe I could also filter the dashboard with the ?filter and that doesn't work.

Best regards.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors