Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

hmokkapati
Helper II
Helper II

Dashboard Image Tile: Image not loading from provided URL

Hello,

I added a Dashboard Image Tile and provided a link to a gif file on a sharepoint site. The tile is not loading and displays error as shown below. Not sure what could be wrong. Please advise. 

URL: https://<company.sharepoint.com>/teams/<teamname>projects/<projectname>/Shared%20Documents/<folder name>/Images/Promo.GIF

image tile error.GIF

Thank You,

Harisha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @hmokkapati,

I can reproduce your issue when adding an image from on-premises SharePoint site as tile in Power BI. Based on my test, the issue is related to permission, you can see the following screenshot when directly opening the URL of the image in browser, it prompts you to enter account and credential . However, the Power BI account doesn’t have permission to the image, thus it can’t load content when adding image tile.
2.PNG

If you upload the image to SharePoint Online, you can share the image with “no sign-in required”, then copy the link and use it as URL when adding image tile, this way, the image can display without issues.
1.PNG3.PNG

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
nswitzer
Frequent Visitor

My company does not allow us to make our Sharepoint files globally public. I uploaded this to a Google Doc, made that public, then copied the link address for the image in that public doc.

Janky, I know, but that's our working solution for now. 

(Google photos public links also didn't work.)

@hmokkapati I would imagine that it is not a supported file extension... Do you have the same problem using just an image (jpg, png)?

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Hello @Seth_C_Bauer,

I just tried all the 3 extensions. None of them work. Any other things I could check for?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Harisha

Hi @hmokkapati,

I can reproduce your issue when adding an image from on-premises SharePoint site as tile in Power BI. Based on my test, the issue is related to permission, you can see the following screenshot when directly opening the URL of the image in browser, it prompts you to enter account and credential . However, the Power BI account doesn’t have permission to the image, thus it can’t load content when adding image tile.
2.PNG

If you upload the image to SharePoint Online, you can share the image with “no sign-in required”, then copy the link and use it as URL when adding image tile, this way, the image can display without issues.
1.PNG3.PNG

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Lydia, but what if I have thousands of images...how can this be done for all of them?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors