Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

kbl1726
Advocate III
Advocate III

Dashboard Fails to Load When New Browser Window Opened

Hi,

I have a report/dashboard drawing data from an excel spreadsheet using onedrive refresh.  Both the data refresh and update of the PBIX file, which is also in my onedrive folder, has worked flawlessly for months.  However, at about the time I started using the Power BI Desktop app from the Store a couple of weeks ago, rather than the downloadable version that I had been using, my online dashboard has gone haywire.

When I open a new browser window and attempt to access my dashboard, whether using Chrome or Edge, I get the following error.

"Something went wrong, Unable to load report" and "Status Code 500". Capture.PNG  

This occurs when I log in fresh - but also if I close Edge while remianing logged in and reopen Edge and navigate to my dashboard.  I haven't cleared cookies, logged out, or anything.  But yet this happens every time. Chrome too. Edit - if I even let the page sit too long, say 10 minutes, and hit my browser's refresh button, it fails to re-load. Tested on two separate Win 10 PCs.  

They only way to access the dashboard again is to go to Datasets and manually click refresh. This makes no sense however as the dashboards are set to autoupdate every 2-4 hours and have been doing so successfully for months - even now they're updating fine.  And even when I havent edited the data or the pbix file for days, I still have to do this when I close the browser and immediately open it back up. I essentially have to click manual refresh every 5-10 minutes to be able to access my Dash, even if I have not been tinkering with the files.  

Capture.PNG

This all seems to be correlated with me switching to the Store version of Power BI.  I've signed in and setup my oauth, my changes even propogate as expected with onedrive refresh, but I cannot access my dashboard from any browser without manually clicking refresh in Datasets. Everything seems to be functioning behind the scenes until I try to access the Dashboard.  

I have another report that is not part of my Dash that is loading fine...its just 1 of my 2 reports (the one the comprises the Dash)

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@kbl1726,

Does the issue still occur in your scenario? The issue has been removed from Power BI support, which means that it has been fixed.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi Lydia,

It finally started working yesterday afternoon.  Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@kbl1726,

As per Power BI support, this is a known issue and engineers are working on a fix, please keep an eye on the update time.

1.JPG

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

So, it's well after 14:00 PST on the 25th, my dashboards still dion't work and I have clients asking me why, you have not provided an update as promised, and the awareness message is gone. What gives?

@kbl1726,

Does the issue still occur in your scenario? The issue has been removed from Power BI support, which means that it has been fixed.

Regards,
Lydia

Yes, it is still occuring.  I logged in with both Chrome and Edge with no luck.  I should also that I add re-imported the very .pbix file that is giving me trouble with one-drive refresh (but gave it a different name) and it works fine.  So the problem certainly seems to be with the OneDrive refresh.  I have posted several message about this over the past few days and it has taken several days for anyone to respond to me. 

I have clients using this dashboard and it is quite embarrasing to have it down for about a week now and not be able to give them an update. It also means that since it is shared I can't just pull it down and replace it. 

Also, you say that becuase the message was taken away it must be fixed.  But an engineering update was promised but never provided...we cannot simply assume that it was fixed without explicit confirmation. 

Furthermore, becuase I am on a trial (was given a 1-year trial when you all changed the plan pricing last spring) I am unable to file a support ticket.  

Below is the error message I'm receiving.  Please get it together MSFT! My business rests on this and I will be forced to switch providers soon as you all are proving to be less than reliable.

error 2.PNG

@kbl1726,

Based on the internal incident track list, the issue has been fixed at 1/26/2018. In your scenario, do you get the error when viewing dashboard or report? Do you also put PBIX file in OneDrive?

Regards,
Lydia

Hi Lydia,

It finally started working yesterday afternoon.  Thanks for your help.

@kbl1726,

Glad to hear that the issue is solved, please accept appropriate reply as answer to close this thread.

Regards,
Lydia

1.JPG

This message has disappeared and no update was given.  Yet, the problem remains.  What is going on with this? This is an urgent issue for those of us who use OneDrive refresh and you all have known about it for days!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors