Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rajmayur

Customized PowerPoint templates for PowerBI export

I am required to provide daily PowerPoint reports to my customer, and all the data comes out of PowerBI. However, the customer has specific format requirements for PowerPoint, and the PBI "export to PPT" does not meet those requirements. So, I end up spending hours manually formatting the exported PPT to meet the customer's specifications. I was wondering if there is a way to create a customized PPT export in PowerBI, so I can 1-click and get the right output. Ideally, I do not want to go for a 3rd party software to do it.

Thanks in advance for any advise you have.

2 REPLIES 2
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rajmayur ,

Since you are talking about the feature only in Power BI Service, not Power BI Report Server, I will move your post from Report Server forum to Service forum, to help you get more faster and more effective help.

Then for your issue, what changes do you want to make? Could you copy your report and then create one meet the specific format requirements? Or have you tried to use Power BI Tiles in PowerPoint?

I am required to provide daily PowerPoint reports to my customer, and all the data comes out of PowerBI. However, the customer has specific format requirements for PowerPoint, and the PBI "export to PPT" does not meet those requirements. So, I end up spending hours manually formatting the exported PPT to meet the customer's specifications.

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

It's pretty hard to answer this without knowing the specifics, but Power BI will output the layout you setup on each page. If you cannot get the layout you desire within Power BI then there is not much other customization you can do. 

Your other options would be to look at building a paginated report (although you would need Power BI Premium per User or a Premium capacity to run these). Or you could maybe look at writing a macro in Powerpoint to alter the output to your specifications if you have VBA programming skills. Or you could maybe try negotiating with your client to accept the output from Power BI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors