Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

vickyd
Helper V
Helper V

Create and share a report using Free version

Just came across Power BI and find it amazing. I want to do a little pilot with some key folks within the company.  

Can I create a report and share it with them using the free version? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hi vickyd,

Short answer "Yes", be sure they are signed up first prior to sharing the dashboard.

long answer: You can use the Pro version for free for 60 days if you want to try out Creating Content packs or groups, etc. (which are other more robust ways to share)

Just sign in with your free account, and you'll be prompted for the 60 trial if you try out one of Pro features.

Pro Trial

Pricing and Features

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

hi vickyd,

Short answer "Yes", be sure they are signed up first prior to sharing the dashboard.

long answer: You can use the Pro version for free for 60 days if you want to try out Creating Content packs or groups, etc. (which are other more robust ways to share)

Just sign in with your free account, and you'll be prompted for the 60 trial if you try out one of Pro features.

Pro Trial

Pricing and Features

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Hi,

I can see that I can share my dashboard developed in freee version with other people in the same domain.

Why use the pro version to share a dashboard, which advantages have from free version?

Thanks!

greggyb
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Pro gives you access to DirectQuery for on-prem RDBMS sources and Azure SQL DB / DW; live explore for SSAS models; Personal Gateway for scheduled refresh against on-prem sources and more frequent refresh; a higher limit of rows/hour for streaming data sources (1M v 10K); and a larger per-user limit for storage in the PBI service (10GB/user).

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors