Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Maroun
Regular Visitor

Couldn't publish to Power BI - a dataset already exists

Hello everyone,

I've been facing this issue for 2 of my dashboards where I am not able to publish over them to share the updates I am doing to different stakeholders. Previously, I was just updating the dashboard, saving the report, closing it, and it would just reflect on the web version, not the case anymore now... Everytime, I do a modification, create a new page, new visuals, filter the page in a specific way - it does not reflect in the web version & just saves the modification on my master file (on sharepoint). Therefore, the error I am getting is this one : I thought I could try to republish on top but it is not letting me do that. Noting that the file has not moved & the historic of the PBIX file are still there. I don't want to delete this file & republish from 0 because I would the link associated to the dashboard in which I will have to send out everytime to a large number of people.

Anyone have any idea on how to solve this ? 

Thank you!

Maroun_0-1684147823223.png

2 REPLIES 2
v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Maroun 

Please rename your pbix file with other name then you can publish it to power bi service side without replace original dataset which used on other report.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello,

I know there is the option of changing the name but these dashboards are shared with hundreds of stakeholders and if I do that I will need to communicate the new link to the dashboard everytime, which is not efficient. I had 2 dashboard "break" in about a month or so... Do you think there are any possible causes for this error to pop out ? Any other solutions ?

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors