Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

BInovice
Frequent Visitor

Couldn't publish to Power BI : Unable to write date to transport connection

Anyone had this issue and what are the solutions? The report has been working fine till today.

BInovice_0-1669133963821.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @BInovice ,

There could be a few different reasons for this.  THe first one that I would confirm is that your version of Power BI Desktop is recent.  It is possible that your version of Desktop is too old to "talk" to the Service anymore.

It could be that the Service had a random "one-off" issue and if you try to publish again it will work. (This is not likely, but is a possibility)

Is your data set really large and your network connection not fast enough and/or has time limit outages?  This could be the case and you may have to check with your network folks and/or run a network trace (like fiddler)

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BInovice
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your help. Chasing the size and will get back once resolved.

Hi, @BInovice 

Are you connecting to an ODBC data source?

From the error message, it is possible that one of your local service applications is blocking the access to the data.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @BInovice ,

There could be a few different reasons for this.  THe first one that I would confirm is that your version of Power BI Desktop is recent.  It is possible that your version of Desktop is too old to "talk" to the Service anymore.

It could be that the Service had a random "one-off" issue and if you try to publish again it will work. (This is not likely, but is a possibility)

Is your data set really large and your network connection not fast enough and/or has time limit outages?  This could be the case and you may have to check with your network folks and/or run a network trace (like fiddler)

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Looks like it's a combination of file sizes and network speed. I downloaded the current copy online and still can't publish it till reducing the dataset to <500 MB. Will have to play around with the archiving data and reduce data set sizes. Thank you 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors