Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cho
Helper I
Helper I

Couldn't load the data for this visual

I work in PowerBI support and a client of mine sent this error message to me. He has developed a dashboard, and given access to the users. But when users try to see the dashboard this error comes with greyed and crossed out visuals.

The data for this visualization was not found.
The data for this visualization could not be retrieved.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

What will be the steps he should take to avoid this please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The only way to avoid RLS with access is if the users have roles like  member, contributor and admin. However, if the user is a viewer then RLS is applied and if the user is not assigned to a row level security role, they won't see the visual.

I hope that make sense

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. Please gather more info about the development. That message can be because there is RLS implemented for example. That might be the most frequent one. I can think about other situations but I think the error is different like when the report is using live connection to PBI Dataset or SSAS.

If they have used RLS they must add users on the security setting of the dataset to pick a role for them. If they haven't, please share with us which data source they are using, is there a gateway, custom visuals, etc.

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

But in the Power BI service, members of a workspace have access to datasets in the workspace. Then does RLS restrict this data access?

The only way to avoid RLS with access is if the users have roles like  member, contributor and admin. However, if the user is a viewer then RLS is applied and if the user is not assigned to a row level security role, they won't see the visual.

I hope that make sense

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors