Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jaap_olsthoorn
Advocate II
Advocate II

'Copy visual as image' cuts off category names in donut chart

Hi there! 

A colleague of mine noticed that when using "copy visual as image"on a donut chart, some of the category labels are removed. An example:
Here you see a screenshot of the visual. You may disregard the center card visual. The category name D is displayed as part of the detail label.

jaap_olsthoorn_1-1652269335312.png

Here however, the D is missing. This seems to happen mostly to labels on the outside of the visual (left and right)

jaap_olsthoorn_0-1652269312407.png

Seems like a bug with the copy visual function.

Thanks

Jaap

4 REPLIES 4
v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jaap_olsthoorn ,

There are limitations around Copy Visual including:

• Applications with limited support for pasting HTML-formatted content from the clipboard may not render everything that was copied from the visual.

Based on my test, you need to resize the visual.

Screenshot 2022-05-16 143458.png

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.
Best Regards,
Winniz
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Oof, that's not a nice solution :(. How can I know whether my visual is the "right" size? Does it depend on the aspect ratio, or the font size?  How can I make it work without publishing to the service over and over and just trying it?

Your example is a bit easier because it looks like "as long as your category and labels fit on one line, you are OK", but that's not the case looking at my example. 

Hi @jaap_olsthoorn ,

I have reported the issue internally (ICM: 308600376). If there are any updates, I will post here.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
Winniz

Are there any updates on this problem?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors