Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

amylewisAZ
Frequent Visitor

Copy and Paste of Power BI Visual into MS Office version dependent on Office?

Hello,

I am trying to copy and paste a Power BI visual into Word/Powerpoint.  We(company laptops) are on MS Office 2016 standard version.  The visuals will not paste in the version of Word or Power Point.  (Pastes fine in Google doc)

When I log into the same Power BI tenant from my home computer (has MS Office 365), then it works just fine.

Is there a minimum version number for MS Office that this works in?

Thanks,

Amy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @amylewisAZ ,

I have tested in PowerPoint 2016 and Word 2016. It works in Word 2016, but not in PowerPoint 2016.

ppt2016.PNGword2016.PNG

It seems a limitation mentioned in document:

Applications with limited support for pasting HTML-formatted content from the clipboard may not render everything that was copied from the visual.

Since you can paste visuals on other applications, this shows that this function of Power BI works normally. The cause lies in the target application. The target application restricts the paste of the contents of the clipboard.

As a workaround, you can try to paste to other application first, and then copy this picture into PowerPoint 2016 / Word 2016. 

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @amylewisAZ ,

I have tested in PowerPoint 2016 and Word 2016. It works in Word 2016, but not in PowerPoint 2016.

ppt2016.PNGword2016.PNG

It seems a limitation mentioned in document:

Applications with limited support for pasting HTML-formatted content from the clipboard may not render everything that was copied from the visual.

Since you can paste visuals on other applications, this shows that this function of Power BI works normally. The cause lies in the target application. The target application restricts the paste of the contents of the clipboard.

As a workaround, you can try to paste to other application first, and then copy this picture into PowerPoint 2016 / Word 2016. 

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

KBO
MVP

Hi @amylewisAZ ,

I don't find anything about a specific version but this could be. Otherwise may be one thing on the documentation meantioned could it be: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-copy-paste

Best,

Kathrin

If this post has helped you, please give it a thumbs up!
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors