Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

PlaidBoxes

Copy and Paste Visuals to different reports within the service

I'm attempting to copy visuals from an existing report into another existing report. Users created these reports within the service and are unavailable to download to desktop.

I can copy visuals to different pages within a single report, but when I direct to the new report, I can no longer paste the visuals. It happens between different browser tabs and when I direct to the new report within the same browser tab.

Is this feature no longer available within the service? If so, what might be the best way to move visuals between reports in the service, or allow these reports to be downloaded as PBIX?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@PlaidBoxes - It is in a different place.

Open the Report

Select the File menu, then Download this file. If it is eligible for download, you will see this:

edhans_0-1675470244030.png

Pick the former if you want a full PBIX with the datamodel, the later if you want the thin report.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
edhans
Super User
Super User

I do not think this is possible at this point. The documenation at Download a report from the Power BI service to Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Learn suggests you can in many circumstances, but I just created a report in the service that I think meets all of the requirements, and it won't download. I am trying to figure out if there are other issues, or if the docs are wrong.

That said, unless you are on a Mac, you should use Power BI Desktop for the full editing experience, including being able to save your reports with different versions in SharePoint/OneDrive, and copy visuals between reports.

Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

@PlaidBoxes - It is in a different place.

Open the Report

Select the File menu, then Download this file. If it is eligible for download, you will see this:

edhans_0-1675470244030.png

Pick the former if you want a full PBIX with the datamodel, the later if you want the thin report.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors