Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

GeirBerge1463
Frequent Visitor

Copilot is missing for some users

We've enabled Copilot for Power BI, as well as connected to the appropriate capacity. We find that users, even with adm privileges, don't see the Copilot icon in Power BI services, with other users seeing the icon. The same users who don't see the icon in a workspace find that they see the icon in another workspace. I see the icon in every workspace. What is the reason for this

5 REPLIES 5
GeirBerge1463
Frequent Visitor

1) I understand from your description that you have turned on and have the appropriate permissions in your tenant and this works for some workspaces and not others: --> Correct

2)  I believe that for copilot to work in a workspace that workspace has to be F64 or Premium capacity - are those workspaces that type? --> Yes

3) The next item is that for a user to see the Copilot option they must be Contributor role in that workspace --> User have Admin premission and still Copilot is now showing

User is an Power BI modell developer and have admin. We also see that the user can see The Copilot, but the strage is that this workspace is not connected to premium capasity 

Hey @GeirBerge1463 ,

So, based on #3 and your comment below all is working now?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

No not at all. I dont answear that?

Hey @GeirBerge1463 ,

I was confused becuase you said that it was "now" working.  I am guessing that you meant "not" working.  If you have met the criteria and it works sometimes and not other times it might be time for a ticket with Microsoft.  And, please let us know that end result so that we all can learn from this.

Proud to be a Datanaut!

collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @GeirBerge1463 ,

I understand from your description that you have turned on and have the appropriate permissions in your tenant and this works for some workspaces and not others.  I believe that for copilot to work in a workspace that workspace has to be F64 or Premium capacity - are those workspaces that type?

It sort of seems that this is true for you but I want to be sure.

The next item is that for a user to see the Copilot option they must be Contributor role in that workspace.  So, even if somebody is an admin in the tenant, in the workspaces where they do not see the copilot option, are they a Contributor or Admin?

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors