Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dehzincwb

Connected Charts doesn't update

Hi, guys! how are you? I hope doing well.

Sirs, I think I have a problem in one specific chart that I published.

Just for knowledge, I have 2 charts that uses as axis information a hierarchy called (Consultants) - that haves the name os the consultant and name of the company above him. Untill here no problem.

I used this data as "shared axis" in two charts.

When I click in a drill down option of one chart, and drill down the other one, I click above the column to select a specific information all charts that I have in the sheet, is update at real-time without problem, showing the representative number from the specific company. Perfect.

After I published this for the website, those relations or those information doens't update anymore, obligating me select in each chart the specific company to get the information update. Somebody knows how help me?

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi dehzincwb,

>> I click above the column to select a specific information all charts that I have in the sheet, is update at real-time without problem, showing the representative number from the specific company. Perfect.

According to your description, it seems that you have created two combo charts in desktop, and each chart has Drill Down function. You said “I click above the column to select a specific information”, did you mean some information in the chart or in the report? Can you provide more detail description about this operation? It would be better if you could share some screenshots.

>> those relations or those information doens't update anymore

Based on my test, drill down feature is working on separate chart, if we drill down in one chart, it will not affect other chart to drill down. So what’s the relations did you mean? In addition, drill down feature in service shows the same result as which displayed in desktop.

Can you share a pbix file with some test data?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Perfect brother. It's seems like you said. But basically it's: 2 two charts, and both with drill down option right?

In desktop versionIn desktop version

The base of both are Consultants / Companies In desktop version, If I click in one specific column in one chart (with the drill down option) even I had do it the drill down, when I click in the column all other charts and inclusive the (second one with drill down option) enhance the column of the same consultant I have selected before. Until now, nothing wrong, all normal. If I select the same column but in a low level of information, the first chart with drill down option are affected to, is updated normally.

Cause I've been selected the company from one consultant, so the first chart enhance the column of that specific consultant, and the others charts without drill down options are updated too. When I drill down both charts still normal, all charts inclusive those two with drill down are completly updated, but in desktop version. 

desktop version - update runningdesktop version - update runningdesktop version - update runningdesktop version - update runningdesktop version - update runningdesktop version - update running

When I publish this report to web, no one of them are updated when you select any column, this is crazy. In the same report I have other two sheets, with a lot of charts with a basic level charts. If you click in something all are updated. But only in this sheet with two charts with drill down and other 3 without this option don't update. 

web version - look at the pizza chart nothing change including the second drill down chart.web version - look at the pizza chart nothing change including the second drill down chart.web version - look at the pizza chart nothing change including the second drill down chart.web version - look at the pizza chart nothing change including the second drill down chart.Thanks for the help.

Hi dehzincwb,

Based on test, I find that when I test wit complex table relationships, the issue which you talk about is appeared on service(desktop works well), I think the issue may related to table relationship.

If I use a simple table with a hierarchy column, it works well on desktop and service, below are the screenshots.

Relationship:

Capture7.PNG

Structure and visuals:

Capture.PNGCapture2.PNG

Capture3.PNGCapture4.PNG

Capture5.PNGCapture6.PNG

Result on desktop:

Capture8.PNG

Result on service:

Capture9.PNG

In summary, can you share us a pbix file with test data to test? It will help for troubleshooting.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors