Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

francescotambu
Regular Visitor

Card visual: Error on separator on PowerBI Service

Hi everyone,

I have some issues on visualizing kpi using the card visual when the metric has the thousand comma separator, on PowerBI Service.

When I open the report, the kpi are well visualized (for example: 3.990.110), anyway, after clicking on any slicer, the data becomes unreadable, with thousands or hundreads disappeared, and only with a double dot among numbers (3..110, or even ,,110).

This happen both with italian or english language on PowerBI Service, with commas or dots as separator. The problem disappear if I remove the comma, anyway I cant remove it.

This happens both on windows and Mac laptop.

Have any idea what is happening and what I can check?

Thanks,

Francesco

Thank You,

Francesco

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes,

The problem was due to the Microstrategy plug-in for browser, that in a certain way was affecting the card visualization on screen, as posted before.

Removing this influence, the reports has returned to normality.

Thanks

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
francescotambu
Regular Visitor

Hi,

there was a plug-in of Chrome,  one related to another data visualization service, which, if disattivated, has restored our report. I don't know why but we find a solution.

Thanks

Hi, @francescotambu 

Thanks for your feedback. It would be better if you could provide some details about it

Could you please mark your post as Answered since it is working now? It will help the others in the community find the solution easily if they face the same problem with you. Thank you.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Zeon Zheng

Yes,

The problem was due to the Microstrategy plug-in for browser, that in a certain way was affecting the card visualization on screen, as posted before.

Removing this influence, the reports has returned to normality.

Thanks

v-angzheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @francescotambu 

Is the data type of your metric value a number? Why can your measure value can use a dot as a separator? Is there any information I missed?

I created a test file, I created a visual with a card chart, selected the measurement value of the total sales as a field, published it to the service, clicked the slicer, and everything worked fine.

You can try to check whether the format of your measure is correct, or republish to the service and retest.
If this still doesn't work, you could check the Issues forum here:
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

And if it is not there, then you could post it.

Or, please share simple sample file without any sesentive information for further discussion, then I can try to look into it to find a more accurate answer.

Hope this helps,

Thank you

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Zeon Zheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

francescotambu
Regular Visitor

Here an example

Immagine 2021-05-19 155906.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors