Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Jaspreet_9464

Card (New) is not working in Power BI Service? (Added in June 2023 Update)

I just used new card visual in Power-BI Desktop it works fine there.
But,
When I published that report on Power-BI Service it stop displaying data and New Card Visual.

Jaspreet_9464_0-1690460709890.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @Jaspreet_9464 

I test it in my side , in Power Bi Service , there is no "New Card visual".

The June 2023 release of Power BI Desktop introduces a new visual called the card visual.And this is a preview version, currently only supported in Desktop.

For more information, you can refer to :

Power BI: New Card Visual Tutorial - Power BI (June 2023 Update) (hubsite365.com)

Thank you for your time and sharing, and thank you for your support and understanding of PowerBI! 

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
oscarru
Regular Visitor

The new card is not available to design in the service, but should be fine to use when published from desktop.

I had the same issue, that the card would show but then break when I published.
I however stumbled across a bug (and thought maybe you have the same):

• I had several KPI's, with the details function and one of them had currency as format. This made the whole card visual empty. Might be good to check it out! 
FarStar

New card works perfectly in desktop, but not so well in Service. I had a card with a series of 4 entries that I added reference labels to, I had data in 2 reference labels. When I used a slicer only 1 in the series would calculate the totals correctly, I removed the reference labels and and now everything calculates correctly in service.

Jaspreet_9464

Thanks 
@v-yueyunzh-msft 

v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @Jaspreet_9464 

I test it in my side , in Power Bi Service , there is no "New Card visual".

The June 2023 release of Power BI Desktop introduces a new visual called the card visual.And this is a preview version, currently only supported in Desktop.

For more information, you can refer to :

Power BI: New Card Visual Tutorial - Power BI (June 2023 Update) (hubsite365.com)

Thank you for your time and sharing, and thank you for your support and understanding of PowerBI! 

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Is there any timeline when the card(new) visuals will available as it's been 5 month since the preview release 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors