Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

srjjdoborel2
Regular Visitor

Cant publish at web (public)!

Today I have published a report to Power BI Service, but when I tried to publish at web (Public), the option doesn't exist at all

srjjdoborel2_0-1685107508102.png

So I went to the tenant settings, looking for the web publish options and everything seems fine

srjjdoborel2_1-1685109668277.png

srjjdoborel2_2-1685109689279.png

but I still cant web publish any new report, what should I do?

1 REPLY 1
v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @srjjdoborel2 

Based on my research on the issue screenshot you provided, if your admin portal has enabled this feature to your user account, you should meet some limitations for the feature "Publish to web(Public)" within this report, which leads to the option missing in the report page view:

the following kinds of reports aren't currently supported or available with Publish to web, please kindly check and make sure to avoid this thing to enable this option again:

(1)Reports using row-level security.
(2)Reports using any Live Connection data source, including Analysis Services Tabular hosted on-premises, Analysis Services Multidimensional, and Azure Analysis Services.
(3)Reports using a shared dataset that is stored in a different workspace from the report.
(4)Shared and certified datasets.
(5)Reports shared to you directly or through an app.
(6)Reports in a workspace in which you aren't an edit member.
(7)"R" and Python visuals aren't currently supported in Publish to web reports.
(8)Exporting data from visuals in a report that has been published to the web.
(9)Q&A for Power BI visuals.
(10)Reports containing report-level DAX measures.
(11)Single sign-on data query models, including composite models on Power BI datasets or Azure Analysis Services.
Secure confidential or proprietary information.
(12)The automatic authentication capability provided with the Embed option doesn't work with the Power BI JavaScript API. For the Power BI JavaScript API, use the user owns data approach to embedding.
(13)Admins can block public internet access, as described in Private links for accessing Power BI. In that case, the Publish to Web option is grayed out for your tenant in the Power BI admin portal.
(14)License enforcement for custom visuals.
(15)Uncertified visuals from the organizational store, when the global tenant switch of the organization for uncertified visuals is on.
(16)Public visuals from the organizational store, when the global tenant switch of the organization doesn't allow visuals created using the Power BI SDK.
(17)Paginated reports

Thank you for your time and sharing, and thank you for your support and understanding of PowerBI! 

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors