Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gotters
Helper II
Helper II

Cant download pbix - system report?

I am trying to download a report as a pbix via PBI Service.

The report was created by us, and is linked to a dataset (in a different workspace).

When trying to download the report it says this?

"This feature is not available for system reports" - but its not a system report?

What could be causing this?

Thanks

gotters_0-1684071124591.png

4 REPLIES 4
gotters
Helper II
Helper II

I did further testing and it seems that this message starts appearing on working reports, ie that had an enabled download option, once we perform a REBIND to a new dataset via API.

Is this expected behaviour? is download permanently disabled on a report that is rebound to a new dataset?

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @gotters 

I would chat to your Power BI Administrataor and ask them if they have disabled the downloading of the PBIX files?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

I doubt it's that.  I'm the admin of my tenant and all of a sudden I'm starting to see these all over the place.  I definitely allow downloads and some still work.  Investigating why suddenly I'm seeing these all over the place... 😕 

Thanks for the reply but that's not the issue. The reports are downloadable in other workspaces.

These reports have been "deployed" by our system via reporting cloning etc. I assume the issue is related to that but the MS docs indicate that it should still work and likewise the message is misleading - so would like to understand exactly why its disabled.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors