Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

markcabantog
Helper I
Helper I

Cannot share dashboard to outside organization

I'm adding external users in the Direct Access, but for some reason one of the the external user is not being added, I'm receiving "Failed to Grant Access", but other external users with the same domain name is added without a problem.

Capture.JPGCapture2.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @markcabantog ,

Try to use planned invite in Azure and see if it works.

• From Azure Portal
  • Select Azure Active Directory
  • User Settings
  • Manage external collaboration settings

AAD.png

User.png

add guest user.png

Invite.png

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Winniz

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
natasjamekes
Helper II
Helper II

With Webdashboard you can easily share your Power BI reports and dashboards, with an intern and external users. All you need is an e-mail address. You can try Webdashboard for 30 days and if you need any help, they will quickly react. It's available at the Microsoft App Source and for more information, you can visit the website: www.webdashboard.com 

markcabantog
Helper I
Helper I

Capture.JPG

I already added the user through the suggested answer...now i cannot click approve in the PowerBI Permissions

Hi @v-kkf-msft  it's different,,,not same error

Hi @markcabantog ,

Does this case exist only for one guest user or all guest users? Does your organization have the following options enabled in the Admin portal?

admin.png

only for 1 guest user.. but other guest user with the same domain name are added no issue

Hi @markcabantog ,

Based on my testing, if you invite someone outside the organization for the first time, the user will appear under the "Pending" page after sharing the report.

image.png

image.png

So you need to invite someone outside the organization to become a guest user, there are two ways:

For planned invite, please refer to my previous reply (Invite in Azure).
For ad hoc invite, you can add the user in the Direct access of the report. When the user clicks on the report link in the email sent to him, the following page will pop up.

image.png

Then click "Accept", the user will become a guest user in your organization and will be able to see the shared report, and the user will disappear from the "Pending" page.

vkkfmsft_0-1632982742287.png

Best Regards,
Winniz

v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @markcabantog ,

Has your problem been solved? If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Winniz

yes.. thanks

v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @markcabantog ,

Try to use planned invite in Azure and see if it works.

• From Azure Portal
  • Select Azure Active Directory
  • User Settings
  • Manage external collaboration settings

AAD.png

User.png

add guest user.png

Invite.png

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Winniz

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

I tried this, and shared report with external account. doing this enabled me to grant access to that external account, however when that person tried to see the report they couldn't. Due to this error:

r_orange_0-1667554956953.png

Would really appreciate any leads on this, thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors