Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

theodosia
Frequent Visitor

Cannot select a gateway datasource in a dataset

Hello, 

I have a gateway installed and running and i have already used it for several schedule updates.

I have a report and i would like to add the Gateway connection. The data sources include on-premise (sqlserver) and SharePoint (online) data.

For the on-premise SQL server, i already have the data source in the gateway, so everything is fine. The field "Maps to" is enabled.

For the SharepointList, I click "Add to gateway". I create the new datasource everything is fine with the status online.

theodosia_0-1673601533670.png

Going back to the specific report datasource -> Settings-> Gateway connection still says "Add to gateway" I cannot select it. In addition, Apply button is disabled, so i cannot even apply the changes for the onpremise SQL server. 

What's the problem?

theodosia_0-1673602429829.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @theodosia ,

This is acknowledged as an issue. We have reported the issue and submitted it to the internal icm platform, No:360537118 . Engineers will do their best to resolve the issue. I will update you here if there is any progress , please be patient.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Clem_Fandango
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi, 
We're having the same issue which is preventing us from putting new reports into production.
I'll monitor this thread for updates.

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @theodosia ,

This is acknowledged as an issue. We have reported the issue and submitted it to the internal icm platform, No:360537118 . Engineers will do their best to resolve the issue. I will update you here if there is any progress , please be patient.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

Where i can track 360537118 ?

They have put an update on the PowerBI status page:
Support | Microsoft Power BI

stating
"Power BI customers using SharePoint list as a data source may see the "Apply" button greyed out in Gateway connection settings. Engineers have identified the root cause and a fix is expected to be deployed by end-of-day 01/24/2023."

Hello

we are Wednesday already ? is there any update ?

this is preventing us for publishing and regreshing any reports combining sharepoint online source with on prem source

is there at least a turnaround identified?

thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors