Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

user82

Cannot reactivate the scheduled refresh for usage metrics report

Hi everyone,

The scheduled refresh for my usage metrics report in Power Bi Service (generated by Power Bi) got disabled and I cannot reactivate it, I canont even access the dataset despite being the owner of this report and dataset... I tried deleting and regenerating the report, but the issue still persists... How can I reschedule the refresh for this usage metrics report?

Any help would be very appreciated, thank you all in advance.

user82_1-1684859053418.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @user82 ,

The message at the top of the screen states that it is being reactivated.  Sometimes this takes a day (usually until the next morning) before it is activated again.  Has it come back (assuming that a day has passed)?

Also, do you meet all of these requirements?

• You need a Power BI Pro or Premium Per User (PPU) license to run and access the usage metrics data. However, the usage metrics feature captures usage information from all users, regardless of the license they're assigned.
  • To access usage metrics for a report, you must have edit access to the report.
  • Your Power BI admin must have enabled usage metrics for content creators. Your Power BI admin may have also enabled collecting per-user data in usage metrics.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @user82 ,

The message at the top of the screen states that it is being reactivated.  Sometimes this takes a day (usually until the next morning) before it is activated again.  Has it come back (assuming that a day has passed)?

Also, do you meet all of these requirements?

• You need a Power BI Pro or Premium Per User (PPU) license to run and access the usage metrics data. However, the usage metrics feature captures usage information from all users, regardless of the license they're assigned.
  • To access usage metrics for a report, you must have edit access to the report.
  • Your Power BI admin must have enabled usage metrics for content creators. Your Power BI admin may have also enabled collecting per-user data in usage metrics.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Thank you @collinq ! It was indeed the case. I am still unable to access the dataset despite being the owner, but at least the report works.

user82_0-1685001120963.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors