Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Gladiator909
Helper I
Helper I

Cannot download report from PowerBI Service

Hi there,

I have designed and developed a Power BI report locally on my computer in Power BI Desktop.

I have then published my report to Power BI Service. 

Now on Power BI Service, I have two workspaces namely a Dataset workspace and a Report workspace.

I published the dataset of the report to the "Dataset" workspace and the report to the "Report" workspace.

Now that I want to download a copy of the report from the "Report" workspace, it won't let me. The "Download pbix icon" is greyed out and the message I get is "This feature is not available for system reports".

Any idea why its not working? I have contributor access to both the dataset workspace and the report workspace.

According to this: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/service-export-to-pbix

It should work just fine.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
connect
Helper I
Helper I

Dear Gladiator909,
Please check the following two points first:

After that, also please go through the following considering your report is not being created on Power BI Service:

If your report is not a system report and you still cannot download the PBIX file, there could be a few possible reasons:

1. Check your permissions: Ensure that you have the appropriate permissions to download reports from the workspace. You should have at least the "Member" or "Contributor" role to be able to download reports. Check with the workspace admin if you are unsure of your role.

2. Check if the report is owned by you: Make sure that the report you are trying to download is owned by you. If it is owned by someone else, they might have disabled the option to download the report.

3. Check if the report has been encrypted: If the report has been encrypted for security reasons, you will not be able to download the PBIX file.

4. Check if the report has been deleted: If the report has been deleted, you will not be able to download it. Make sure that the report is still available in the workspace.

If none of the above reasons apply, you can try creating a new report and publishing it to the workspace to see if the issue persists. If it does, you can try contacting the Power BI support team for further assistance.

Anand24
Super User
Super User

Hi @Gladiator909 ,
Check the below:
1. Tenant admin has enabled downloading of report from PBI Services
2. Check in incognito mode

3. Check in various browsers

4. Check in a different workspace

5. Check if same issue appears for other users as well

6. Check downloading any other report

PBI_SuperUser_Rank@1x.png  

Give a Thumbs Up if this post helped you in any way and Mark This Post as Solution if it solved your query !!!

Proud To Be a Super User !!!
LinkedIn

cassidy
Power Participant
Power Participant

Is this enabled in the Admin Portal?

cassidy_0-1679692414152.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors