Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cannot display / disappearing Charts and Filters from Power BI online service.

Hi Guys , can anyone helo on this.. 

i am sing W10 only .. In desktop all filters and charts are working fine,  but once i upload that to online some filters are disappearing,

can any once addressed this.

5 REPLIES 5
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Which data region are you host your data? Can you please share more detail information to help us clarify your scenario?

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly  

In addition, what the 'do not disappear' you mean? What type of chart and filters your set in your report? These visuals have been removed or their data not displayed?

If you mean these visual data not displayed, please check your data source connection mode, configure Datasource and update your data credentials. These visual data will be updated when you interact with visuals if you are working with live mode. So it will display an error message for 'not able access data source' to update records if you forget to configure Datasource.

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Issue ( Online to Desktop ).JPG

This is the Issue. when it is in PBI Desktop this filter is fine and after upload to PBI Online this beheaves ODD.. 

HI @Anonymous,

It seems like your 'top' mode filter not recognize correctly on power bi service side,  so it comes back to basic filter mode, right? It may be caused by a few scenarios(normally they will be related to power bi service backend processing) and hard to confirm the root cause.

In my opinion, I'd like to suggest you edit your report to switch back to 'top' filter mode and save your report. If this issue comes back again, please contact to power bi support team to trace the backend requests.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
venal
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@Anonymous 

May i know the Power BI Desktop version you are using now?

Is Microsoft Store/web version of Power BI Desktop you are using?

If it is Store version, please try to uninstall it and remove the below cache folders and try to install it from web link.

Path:- C:\Users\<User Profile Account>\AppData\Local\

C:\Users\<User Profile Account>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\

Remove the "Power BI Desktop" from the above two folders.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=58494  -- Desktop

If it is the web version of Power BI Desktop you are using, please try to publish the file from Power BI Desktop once again and observer the behaviour.

If you have any concerns, please let us know.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
If this post was helpful may I ask you to mark it as solution and click on thumb symbol?

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is the Issue. when it is in PBI Desktop this filter is fine and after upload to PBI Online this behaves ODD.. 

Power BI Issue ( Online to Desktop ).JPG

I’ve done that cache and install new desktop also. but still behave is same 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors