Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

wbsnipes

Cannot create (save as) a report for a particular data set, however this works for other dataasets.

I cannot create a report for a particular dataset but can do so for other datasets.  I've tried creating it from the dataset and createing it by saving another report on the same dataset (Save as).  I can edit reports for that dataset.  I get the Oops message "Unable to save the report".

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
wbsnipes

Turns out deleting some reports for this dataset allowed me to create a new one. I'm a Pro user thus a related post indicated there was no limit on the number of reports.  But there was at least a limit on the number for a dataset in this case.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
wbsnipes

Turns out deleting some reports for this dataset allowed me to create a new one. I'm a Pro user thus a related post indicated there was no limit on the number of reports.  But there was at least a limit on the number for a dataset in this case.

Adam posted about this a couple days ago. There is a hard limit of 10 reports per data set regardless of user type.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/powerbisupport/archive/2015/07/22/limit-of-10-reports-per-dataset-data-mo...

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors