Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

iDataDrew
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Can you edit the legend content/text, not just the position?

I was to edit the content/text so that it doesn't read "Average of ..." (for example), much like the way you can edit the title of a visual. This takes up too much space and I would like to edit the text to one or two words, or at least abbreviate. I don't see this capability as currently existing. Is this currently possible, or does this need to be voted on? Thank you.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@iDataDrew There isn't a way to change column names within a visual. It sounds like you are using the implicit "Average" against your column..  You could create a seperate measure to calculate the average of that column, and name it to something more appropriate/best suited to your needs.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@iDataDrew There isn't a way to change column names within a visual. It sounds like you are using the implicit "Average" against your column..  You could create a seperate measure to calculate the average of that column, and name it to something more appropriate/best suited to your needs.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Thanks @Seth_C_Bauer.  Not sure why I didn't think of that.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors