Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

FionaE

Can't undo incremental refresh data flows

I turned on incremental refresh for one of the tables in my dataflow - however because my license is only Pro (not Premium) it came up with a message saying that incremental refresh is not available. I then deleted the options (Date column, date ranges etc) and toggled it off, but now the dataset and reports are totally screwed up.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @FionaE ,

To my knowledge, Dataflow incremental refresh is only available with a Power BI Premium subscription (which is either a Premium capacity or PPU license), because you are Pro license, the incremental refresh will not work, you could turn off incremental refresh on/off toggle, it should not have influence on dataset and report.

Please check whether it is caused by setting incremental refresh?

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
FionaE

Thanks,

The problem arose beacuse I turned on incremental refresh  with a Power BI Pro only licence. This DID affect the data set and reports so  I toggled incremental refresh off but nothing happened, the reports were still screwed up. However, I then refreshed the dataflow (and then dataset) and now all is fine with the reports. Phew, scary moment there.

v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @FionaE ,

To my knowledge, Dataflow incremental refresh is only available with a Power BI Premium subscription (which is either a Premium capacity or PPU license), because you are Pro license, the incremental refresh will not work, you could turn off incremental refresh on/off toggle, it should not have influence on dataset and report.

Please check whether it is caused by setting incremental refresh?

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors