Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Slowik131
Helper I
Helper I

Can't republish the report which is connected to two datasets - DirectQuery for Power BI datasets

Hi,

I have a report that is connected to two datasets via direct query with a "DirectQuery for Power BI datasets" feature like this:

Slowik131_0-1674153389681.png

I published it to my workspace and after working on it for some time I tried to republish it with some new modifications. After publishing it I get this message:

Slowik131_1-1674153457495.png

However I do not see any of my new changes. 

What is more, any of the new modifications (new tables, measures) in the datasets do not show after I republish them. Even if I make them via ALM Toolkit.

Any idea why is that?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
collinq
Super User
Super User

Hey @Slowik131 ,

What happens when you manually refresh it in the Service?  Does it work there?  Do you have a gateway setup?  Also, look at the Data Source Credentials to confirm that there are no errors there.  Also, do you ahve the same privacy settings in the Power BI file as you have in the Service (privacy/none/organizational....).  You may also have to clear the cache in your Desktop file (since you mentioned making changes that don't seem to be working quite right).

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Hi, thank you for your response.

Yes, I do have everything done in a proper way, no errors etc, and refreshed everything in every possible way. Clearing cache rosolved one isue - now I can republish the reports, so one thin resolved. Thank you 🙂

On the other hand, still, when I republish the datasets(or modify them via ALM toolkit) the changes are not visible in the reports. So I guess this feature is still bugged

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors